You are setting Goals… they are even S.M.A.R.T goals.. you are checking your TO DO LIST twice… yet you can’t seem to figure out WHY you can’t reach them!
“What am I doing wrong?” is the mind puzzling question that you wake up to and go to sleep to every night! These goals could be your entrepreneurial efforts, they could be your fitness goals, they could be your relationship or your financials goals… they could be anything really!
This is usually when people give up. It is actually when I usually give up, at least until recent years. There are many places people get “stuck” on their journey to reach their goals. But I’ve learned a thing or two on #myoolajourney and I thought I would share some of these learnings with you.
Here are 15 steps to beginning to understand what is getting in your way!
1. Re-evaluate your commitment: Are you standing around waiting for more information? What are you willing or unwilling to do to reach your goals. Have you truly committed to do what it takes?
2. Consider what you want your legacy to be? Are your goals aligned with your core values? Are they aligned with what you want out of life? Are your goals stepping-stones to your bigger dreams?
3. Become aware: wake up! Start evaluating yourself. Make yourself accountable.
4. Change your mindset. Do you need an attitude adjustment?
5. Re-create your belief system. If your belief system doesn’t allow you to believe in yourself, you have to change the way you talk to yourself. If you tell yourself it isn’t possible, you will never work towards the possibility.
6. Let go! You must let go of the things that are holding you back.
7. Take action. Are you a talker or a doer? Have you been making things happen or just talking about making things happen?
8. Make a plan. A goal without a plan is simply just a wish.
9. Do a refresher on how to set goals. They don’t need to just be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable/Accountable, Realistic & Time-bound), you also need to understand lag (measurable end goal) & lead (the actions that get you to the final outcome) indicators. Make sure the goals you have set can be achieved.
10. Understand BLOCKERS (Fear, Guilt, Anger, Self-Sabotage, Laziness, Envy, Lack of Focus) that can get in the way of your success. If you are unable to move past these obstacles, OolaBlockers can completely derail your journey.
11. Self-reflect. Work with an accountability partner to evaluate the areas that may hinder your ability to reach your goals.
12. Fail forward. You won’t be perfect in the journey, but when you do fail, pick yourself up. It is in these moments that you experience significant growth. Ask yourself what you could have done differently to experience a different outcome.
13. Understand ACCELERATORS (Gratitude, Love, Discipline, Integrity, Passion, Humility, Wisdom) that move you forward. Use the OolaAccelerators as stepping-stones to step over the blockers that try to get in your way.
14. Just do it! Without trying, there will be no results. Even if you understand the previous steps and take action towards each of them or if you do not put one step in front of the other towards your goals, you will never know the thrill of achieving them.
15. Believe that you are created for greatness and a purpose. When you believe in yourself, the impossible becomes possible and you are able to see the steps in front of you.
If you are setting goals and not reaching them, consider that at any one of the steps above is where you may be stuck. So take some of the frustrated moments you are wasting, and spend them asking yourself some tough questions.